Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Group Efforts!

I don't know if people remember this or not, but Winnsboro used to be a pretty fun town. We had a skating rink, a bowling alley, and events all over town. Now we have a play at the princess every blue moon, the catfish festival once a year, and kids can go trick or treating in a specified cattle pin lol. I'm not saying im right because I don't know, but it just seems like 10% tax in a small town is a lot. I understand it takes a lot of money to keep a town running, but fixing potholes does'nt turn a town into mayberry. When I speak of winnsboro I'm talking about franklin parish as a whole. Everyone shops here so why cant we have some type of entertainment here. People wonder why drugs and alcohol are so rampant in our town well guess what "THERES NOTHING ELSE TO DO".  Am I the only one that realizes that hanging out on a parking lot should'nt be the big event of the weekend. LOL Sorry, I forgot  kids arnt allowed to do that anymore either. We need a rec center, a movie theater, or something positive for kids and teenagers. Hell grown folks too. When I went to ULM, my friends and I, spent dang near all of our free time in the rec center having a blast. Im a firm believer in religion, but times have changed and screamin in young folks face tellin them there going to hell just dont cut it anymore. I think we as a parish, young and old, need to come together and figure out a way to grow winnsboro without losing our small town charm. Remember winnsboro was once the cleanest town in America and now its not just dirty with litter, but with drugs and bitter residents.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. The only thing me and my friends really do on weekends is go to Wal-mart and look around for a few hours and ... that can get pretty boring. Especially when you're broke. HAHA! But, yeah...you're totally right. Winnsboro (Franklin Parish in general) needs some stuff for everyone to do. It sucks we have to drive all the way to Monroe just to have a good time...

    ReplyDelete